Figure 1 East Africa Regional Grain Trade Flow for the Week Ending 6 July 2018
The Week’s Market Analysis
- The week’s unusual trade flow was Zambia exported a lot of groundnuts (263.4MT) to DRC through Kasumbalesa border.
- Zambia also continued exporting a lot more maize meal (337.5MT) to DRC.
- Rwanda exported maize meal (750MT) to DRC as well through Kamanyola border.
- Tanzania exported Mbeya rice (188.1MT), Morogoro Rice (152.8), to DRC through Kasumbalesa border.
- There seem to be a huge market for maize meal in DRC.
The Week’s Market Prices for Select Markets
Table 1- Market Prices for Select Markets in the East Africa Region for the Week Ending 6 July 2018, US$1=Ksh100.91
The Week’s Market Opportunities
Betta Grains continues to receive various request to buy and sell commodities. Below is a table listing some of our clients request to find buyers and sellers. Kindly visit our eDuka page http://www.bettagrains.com/?page_id=1236 for a more up to date list.
Author; Fostina Mani, Betta Grains. Fostina.Mani@bettagrains.com, Twitter: @FostinaMani.
Acknowledgment: The data used for the analysis has been obtained from; IAM, Government of Kenya, Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock & Fisheries, Government of Tanzania, Ministry of Trade and Industry, EAGC, RATIN, Farm Gain Uganda, FEWS NET, & Betta Grains.
Disclaimer. Due to unavailable of data on various border points on formal cross-border trade flows and volumes in the public arena. The volumes indicated above are mostly from the informal cross-border data that is available to the public. The purpose of the analysis, is simply to provide an indication of the East Africa Regional Trade flow to SMEs, Smallholder Farmers, and Other Stakeholders in a manner and language that is applicable, simple, and makes sense. Those desiring to obtain actual trade volumes are advised to contact various internationally funded government projects that have been mandated to provide the regional trade data for public good.
©Betta Grains 2018