Figure 1 East Africa Regional Grain Trade Flow for the Week Ending 12th November 2017
The Week’s Market Analysis
- Unusually high volumes of maize and beans was exported from Uganda to Kenya during the week.
- Sorghum trade flow was from Tanzania to Uganda, then Kenya.
- Unusually high volumes of Sunflower Seed Meal (520MT) were exported from Tanzania to Kenya through Namanga border.
- Tanzania exported groundnuts (421MT) to Uganda, as Uganda exported (250MT) of ground nuts to Rwanda
- DRC only exported rice (10.82MT) to Uganda, there was no sorghum or maize exports to Uganda, unlike the previous weeks. There also were no recorded export of wheat, sorghum and rice from DRC to Rwanda unlike the previous week.
The Week’s Market Prices for Select Markets
Table 1- Market Prices for Select Markets in the East Africa Region for the Week Ending 12th November 2017
Did you know that grain traders are especially blessed? Proverbs 11:26 “The people will curse him who withholds grain, but blessings will be on the head of him who sells it”. Now You Know!
The Week’s Market Opportunities
Betta Grains continues to receive various request to buy and sell grains and cereal. Kindly visit our eDuka page https://www.bettagrains.com/?page_id=1236 for a more up to date list.
Author; Fostina Mani, Betta Grains. Fostina.Mani@bettagrains.com, Twitter: @FostinaMani.
Acknowledgment: The data used for the analysis has been obtained from; IAM, Government of Kenya, Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock & Fisheries, Government of Tanzania, Ministry of Trade and Industry, EAGC, RATIN, Farm Gain Uganda, FEWS NET, & Betta Grains.
Disclaimer. Due to unavailable of data on various border points on formal cross-border trade flows and volumes in the public arena. The volumes indicated above are mostly from the informal cross-border data that is available to the public. The purpose of the analysis, is simply to provide an indication of the East Africa Regional Trade flow to SMEs, Smallholder Farmers, and Other Stakeholders in a manner and language that is applicable, simple, and makes sense. Those desiring to obtain actual trade volumes are advised to contact various internationally funded government projects that have been mandated to provide the regional trade data for public good.